Monday, January 19, 2015

C eh N eh D eh?

Monday January 19, 2015
Fish Creek YSA Ward
Companion: Elder Lybe

Hey hey! Elder Call here!

So, just wanted to share a few quick experiences we had this week.

Brandon is doing great. Came to church... twice! He went to a family ward, and then came to YSA afterwards, haha! It was awesome! We had a few lessons with him, and on Saturday he had a really neat closing prayer. He thanked God for sending us to share the gospel with him. 

Okay, jumping into another experience really quick. So we finally met with one of the less actives in the ward. He's been wanting to meet with us, but could just never get the courage to. But we finally had a lesson with him, set some goals, and talked about God's love. He said the closing prayer, and he thanked God for His love, and he thanked God for our love for him.

One more experience. We had dinner with a family, just a mom and her daughter, and then another guy from the ward. We had a great spiritual experience with them. It was amazing. On Sunday she gave both of us a letter, and shared with us that about a year ago her father left the church and left the home. She talked about how the Spirit had never been so strong in their home until we came, and how nice it was to have priesthood holders in the home.

I was thinking about these experiences a lot lately, and how we have the opportunity to share God's love with others. I can't remember the exact lyrics to this song, but it says something along the lines of that maybe the best part about God's grace is that we get to share it with others. Its been great to have to many opportunities to do just that. We all have so many opportunities to share God's love with our brothers and sisters. 

God has given me so much. I can't thank Him enough. 

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints is true!

Love,
Elder Call

Did I send you these pictures? This is the Grey Cup! Its pretty much the victory token of the Canadian Football League. One of the High Priest's that helps out in the ward was a player for the Calgary Stampeders and got permission to bring it to FHE!! It was awesome!!
 So tradition is that the winners of the Grey Cup take a drink of wine out of the cup. The guy who brought it told us the story of how he didn't drink wine out of the cup, but instead when it was passed to him he dumped it out, cracked open a 7 up, and drank that instead. He talked about standing up for our beliefs, and how God always blesses us when we do what we know is right. It was awesome! So we had the opportunity to drink out of it, with our straws! It was awesome!! :) 
Us filling up the Grey Cup with 7 UP. :)


A few questions he answered from my letter to him:
I heard through the grapevine that missionaries from Calgary now fly home on Friday? Is this correct?? If so, just wondering why the change from Thursday?? (just curious!) That would mean you come home on MAY 22 - EXACTLY a TWO YEAR MISSION to the DAY!!!!!
Yea, we'll be flying home on Friday. The transfer schedule got changed a bit, so transfers happen on Thursdays, and then departing missionaries go home on Fridays. So yes, it will be May 22!! I can't believe how fast time has gone by. I absolutely love the mission field, and they'll have to drag me kicking and screaming onto the plane. I'll miss it that much. I've definitely fallen in love with it!

How are you doing? Any concerns? Troubles? Etc? Are you being fed??
Doing well, and loving it! Being fed well, having fun, and the work is great! Thanks Mom!!

I am doing super well. Oh man, I can't believe how much I love this! We were in Stake Priesthood session the other day and they talked about mission prep a ton. The thought came to mind if I would want to change anything about how I grew up in general. I know that I told you and Dad a lot about things that you should change about how you raised us, but as I thought about it yesterday I decided I wouldn't change a single thing. It set up my mission to be successful, for me to work hard, and for me to be able to find answers to my own questions, and find my own conversion. So thank you for the way that you raised me. Read Proverbs 6:22. Explains it perfectly. Thanks for raising me, and for doing it right! I love you and Dad so much!!

Hope you have a great week! I love you!

Love,
Elder Call

0 comments:

Post a Comment