Sunday, January 11, 2015

Happy New Years!

ZL with Elder Lybe
Fish Creek Young Single Adult Ward
Calgary, Canada
January 5, 2015

Happy New Years!!

We have had a pretty exciting week! Lots of sweet stuff that happened this week.

Let me tell you our miracle of the week...

So, we had a dinner with a recent convert, Taylor, who asked if we could cut dinner short so we could have a lesson with a friend of hers.

Well, we didn't have time for that.

Haha, are you kidding?!?! Of course we had time for that! So we head over to this member's home, the Carl's, for this lesson. We meet their family, and they are super sweet! And then we meet Brandon. What a great guy!! He was solid right from the get-go. We teach him about God, how the gospel blesses our families, prophets, Jesus Christ and the Atonement, and the Apostasy. 

Then we get to the restoration of the gospel. It was so incredible! We talk with him about Joseph Smith's experience, how he desired to know which church was true so that he could join it. And then how he went to pray.

"I saw a pillar of light, exactly over my head, above the brightness of the sun, which descended gradually until it fell upon me... When the light rested upon me I saw two Personages, whose brightness and glory defy all description standing above me in the air. One of them spake unto me, calling me by name and said, pointing to the other, 'This is My Beloved Son, hear Him.'" 

When we talked about that the Spirit was strong. We went on to explain how Joseph was told by Christ that none of the churches were true, but that he was to be the Prophet to restore the true church to the earth. 

As we read from the Book of Mormon Brandon talked about how great he felt. He said that he knew that this was Christ's church and that he believed the Book of Mormon was true.

And then he said he would love to be baptized! So we are planning on January 24

It was such a great experience. I know that there are people out there who are ready to follow Jesus Christ into the waters of baptism, and for the rest of their lives! There is no better pathway to take! 

We were able to teach Brandon about God's plan for us, the Plan of Happiness, and he's even been reading the Book of Mormon and praying, and he even came to church this week! And he always talks about how he feels so happy about it. 

God's plan truly is a Plan of Happiness!!

Love,
Elder Call

p.s. I can now use facebook as a missionary! I can use it to share the gospel with others and post uplifting videos and thoughts. So, if you haven't already, add me as a friend! I love you all!!

 SNAKES!!! At the YSA activity!


 Bruno, the Ward Mission Leader with Elder Call and Elder Lybe

0 comments:

Post a Comment