Monday, December 29, 2014

Goodbye 2014!!!

ZL with Elder Lybe
Fish Creek YSA Ward, Calgary Canada

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!! 

This week was pretty great. I hope everyone had a great Christmas. I sure did!!

It was great to be able to skype the family. The worst part of it all though is hitting the 'end call' button. Oh, I hate it so much!! I was thinking about that quite a bit this week. The end call button. I've thought quite a bit about the Plan of Salvation, and how great the Gospel is. How sweet is it that at the end of this life, because of the Gospel of Jesus Christ, and His plan for us, that we don't have to hit the 'end call' button?? It is amazing that we get to move on together into the eternities with each other! 

So, moral of the story, live the gospel and you'll never have to hit the 'end call' button :)

We had a pretty good week for missionary work! We were able to visit with one of our investigators, which is a miracle because he is crazy busy. We also had an investigator passed off to us named Danielle. Have I told you about her yet? Anywho, she is on date to be baptized onJanuary 17. So that is pretty sweet!! 

Aaron came to church again this week. We had a lesson afterwards and he shared with us that he believes that God lives and that Jesus Christ is His Son. It was awesome. Now he just wants to understand all of it. It was amazing!! 

So, we've had a pretty great week!! 

The Church is true!!

Love,
Elder Call

{my letter from him}
Hey Happy Anniversary to you and to Dad!! Sorry, I didn't even remember during the Christmas skype! But I hope that it was a great one for both of you. I remember looking through the calendar one day, and had a bit of a blonde moment when I read, "Mom and Dad's 24th Anniversary" and I thought Wow!! They have been married longer than I have been alive!! And then I thought... "Oh yeah, that is probably a good thing!! Hahaha!!!" Anywho, hope it was a fun day!! Congratulations on being married for 24 years!!

It was so good to hear from each of you on skype!! I'm glad we could have that call, even though there were some sick ones! Thanks for the iphone and the bike in advance. Way to crack a deal with the verizon guy. You've always been good at getting deals!! I hope my wife can get deals like you can!! ... But more importantly the family trip!! That will be pretty sweet!! I'll RSVP at your party :) Count me in!! 

How was your Christmas? How many dinners did you end up eating? 
We had two dinners and then three desserts. I was so stuffed by the end!!

Did you buy some milk to go with your cereal!!?? Thank you so much Mom!! I appreciate it! I also got reimbursed for some bus passes so I have a few extra bucks now too :)

How are your investigators doing? Have you had any success meeting with them over the holidays?
We met with Youssef!! It was good. He is a busy guy so we are trying to help him get to church and read the Book of Mormon.

Did you get anything else for Christmas, from members, etc??
One member got us each a tie and some candy. I got a superman tshirt from the other Call's. Elder Lybe got me this sweet dri-fit golf shirt, because I love those shirts!! And I got him a nike dri-fit shirt as well :) By the way, one box of cereal is gone and the mangoes are almost gone too haha!

Best part about your weekend?
Probably church. Church was pretty good this week. I feel like I got a lot of direction so that was good!

Any new years plans? Do you have to be in any earlier on NYEVE? 
Yes, early in on New Years eve! In by 6 then we... I don't know... haha!! 

Thanks for the good skype call!! I had a lot of thoughts come from that. I'll probably share those in the big email. Glad you enjoyed the He is the Gift video. I love you a ton! Thanks for being such a great mom! Thanks for staying up late, and for sharing the gospel with me, and for those long talks, and for all the great emails, and for helping me with my problems, and giving me dating advice, and for loving me so much! You are amazing!! I love you!!

Love,
Elder Call



0 comments:

Post a Comment